• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Windows 10 ISO Availability at Launch?

Guest vjackerman

Guest vjackerman

Does anyone feel that the ISO will be available tomorrow? I definately want a ISO burned to a DVD so if I want to do a clean install on a machine, I don't have to do the "upgrade"....any comments?

Probably not. The best option will probably be to take the full install and then when that's completed, perform a system reset. That should get you back to a clean install of Windows 10.

Another option AFTER you take the upgrade will be to create a recovery drive and then rebuild from that.

Guest vjackerman

I thought I saw somewhere that MS was going to make a ISO's available for x86 and x64 versions, so someone could do a cold boot from dvd and install clean on that hard disk? The full install will perform a system reset? I have recovery software (Acronis), but that won't let me do a clean install of the OS only after taking an image... I took an image today, and am going to try the "upgrade" option when released, eliminating many many hours of battling reinstall of everything and wrestling with registration / serial #'s and stuff. But I sure hope I find an ISO for x64 somewhere.

Archived