• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Can't find dynapdf.dll

dcandkcbuckingham

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2018 at 2:40 PM, dcandkcbuckingham@comcast.net said:

I transferred a tax prep software App from an old Win 10 computer to a new Dell

How exactly did you transfer it? Did you copy the folder the old box to the new one via USB or something?

Unfortunately, this normally won't work. Especially with complex apps. When you install software, normally the software will copy needed files around the OS including updating your registry files to set the configuration of the app. 

Which Tax software is it? Do you have the original installation disk or cd/dvd it came with? That will likely be your best option.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, dcandkcbuckingham said:

I transferred a tax prep software App from an old Win 10 computer to a new Dell.  Now I can't open the tax prep SW.  I receive an error message "can't find dynapdf.dll".  Looked in System32 and couldn't find dynapdf.dll.  Options?

Steven K:  Thanks for the reply.  I have since solved my problem.  I had transferred the files (TaxAct) via USB and, as you noted, the DLL file did not follow.  I downloaded the SW again from TaxAct and the .DLL magically appeared.  All is well.