• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

raygo1975

Windows Mail not working after KB4462919

Running Windows 10 Home x64 Version 1803
Last Cumulative Update KB4462919 installed on 10/10/2018
Ever since I installed the above cumulative update my Windows Mail app has started to not work with my g-mail accounts. They no longer will download new mail and when I try to sync one it comes up with a sync error. If I click on the sync error symbol it gives me a window titled "Attention Required" with the two options of Change Mailbox Sync Settings or Delete Account.
I tried to see if there was any thing in the sync settings that might be wrong but it all looked good to me. I then deleted one of my G-Mail accounts and tried to add it back again. After adding it back in it just says Creating Account and never does anything, I let it run all night thinking it might be downloading all my e-mails but in the morning it was still creating account, I killed it.
I just checked and the only e-mail account that still works is my Hotmail account, my yahoo accounts and my comcast account do not work either.
I am going to try one thing while I wait for a response.
Seeing as windows mail does not seem to work anymore I am going to uninstall the app and then reinstall it and see if I can get my e-mail accounts to work again. If not I will be looking for a new e-mail client.

see screen shot for what I am seeing when I try to sync an account other than Hotmail.

2018-10-15 windows mail 2.png