• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Microsoft/Outlook ad screen will no go away permanently

JZlme

When I try to go to my email I get a Microsoft/Outlook ad screen before I can see my email.  I have to click on 'sign in' or 'create free account' before I can see my email.  How do I get rid of it permanently?

My email is Hotmail and I get it thru outlook mail (outlook.live.com) and I use Microsoft edge.  This screen does not require that I sign in, I have to click on 'sign in' or 'create free account' and then I can read my emails. It is a Microsoft/Outlook 'ad' for outlook free account and/or office 365.

I have conversed with outlook.com and Microsoft help.  I have signed out, deleted the link in favorites, signed in again and saved again to favorites.  The screen goes away for about 12 hrs and then it's back again.  I have tested getting my email on Google Chrome and I don't have this problem there - no Microsoft/Outlook ad screen in Chrome.

I have always had 'keep me signed in'.  The issue is not that I am not signed in.  Once I click on 'sign in' on the Microsoft/Outlook ad screen, I don't have to input my ID & password - the screen goes away and I have my email. 

The problem is that in Microsoft Edge the Microsoft/Outlook ad screen is always there when I go to access my email before I can see my email.  

I downloaded a screen shot of what is the problem....

Microsoft Outlook ad screen pict.doc

Archived