• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

KB4100403 update

I hope I don't jinx myself here but I have an update on my problem. I contacted Microsoft for help and they started a remote session with me. The tech tried to reinstall w10 on my system. He even noted that my warning to him was correct and my system was painfully slow.  It took all night to download and most of the next day to try and install. At 85% installed it failed. I rebooted the system and decided to run check disk on my drives. No errors were found, no bad sectors, only parsed files. Upon reboot after check I noticed things were faster. My system is now working like before the kb4100403 update. I checked and saw that kb4284835 had been installed. Things are now back to normal. Hope it stays this way. Maybe this will help anyone else who may be having similar problems.

Archived