• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Sfc and windows disk error checking tool

What is the difference between the disk error checking tool in windows 10 (right click on the drive then select properties then tool) and the sfc tool.  I ran the windows checking tool and it gave me a no error diagnostic.  When I ran sfc I got the message stating that some errors were found and cannot be fixed.  If sfc is diagnostic is right is there an easy solution to fix the errors that cannot be fixed by sfc.  I am a little shy and reluctant playing with my system it presently works ( as long as I use the sleep and hibernates mode instead of the restart and shut down modes) and I do not want to make things worse.  From time to time when I got a blue screem after a restart or a shutdown but after a system restore every thing is back to normal

Archived