• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Disc Space Usage

My computer an ASUS M32 BF operates using Windows 10.  It is only one month old.  A week ago a noticed that the Disc Space Usage for system protection keeps increasing at a rate of 200 MB a day even if no new restore points are created.  Maximum disc space for that was set at 15% of the disc space (approximately 24 GB).  Is that normal?  What happens when the ??maximum is reached?  Windows state that older point will be removed.  If for example I have 5 restore points when the maximum is reached I will have only 4 left.  But if the disc space keeps increasing and the maximum is reached again only 3 points will be left? and so on... I know I can increase maximum disc space up to 50% or more but I am not sure it is a good idea.

Thanks

Gerard

Archived