• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Show User Account on Login Screen

I have Windows 10 home edition running on a desktop computer with no touch screen.  I am not able to display the “Users and Groups” option in Computer Management because I have the home edition. 

I had previously created a local user called “pauladmin” which I have been using for many months.  Recently, about 2 weeks ago, I created a Microsoft account on this computer and sometime after this process, the user “pauladmin” stopped being displayed on the sign-in screen and is not listed under Control Panel àUser accounts àManage Accounts.  The user still exists because there is a folder in c:\users\pauladmin in the system drive and I am unable to re-create this account – I get the message “Please type a different user name”. 

An attempt to activate the account completes OK as follows:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>net user pauladmin /active:yes

The command completed successfully.

I have activated the special account “administrator” but it does not appear on the sign-in screen either.

Is there any way to make the users visible on the sign-in screen so I can login to them?