• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Audio driver: no stereo mix, mic won't mute

Airlane19

Question

Toshiba laptop. Conexant SmartAudio HD driver. I want to record streaming audio in Audacity but I can't mute the internal microphone without muting all the audio. I've installed Realtek HD driver but it fails to appear in Device Manager or Recording Devices. What is the solution?

2 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Airlane19 said:

Toshiba laptop. Conexant SmartAudio HD driver. I want to record streaming audio in Audacity but I can't mute the internal microphone without muting all the audio. I've installed Realtek HD driver but it fails to appear in Device Manager or Recording Devices. What is the solution?

does not sound right?  Ihave worked with the smartaudio HD program or app on a few systems mostly with luck but  have had some odd issues.  everything needs to be up to date and correctly configured, also that everything is "compatible" with the hardware, OS and drivers.  the following links should get you in the right direction, these type of issues can be confusing as you will likely travel many paths of possibility toward your systems solution.  just know there is an answer, and this is the best way to learn what is required, how it all ties together, & where all the settings are plus how to intereface future issues for your system.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/fix-realtek-high-definition-audio-driver-issue-for-windows-10/ 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=realtek+audio+driver+windows+10&form=WNSGPH&qs=SC&cvid=5ea4b87a29be4ecc998dd0dada4c1e10&pq=realtech&cc=US&setlang=en-US&nclid=CFC7A8265DC4F24A72A27A4AF9FD9A7E&ts=1508384958207

You should be able to access the configuration and properities of all your audio devices, plus mute anyone of them.  also check which device is set as "default", in the past changing this in the audioHD app has caused sound issues or even no sound in some configurations i have played with.  again you should have access to all audio device configs and properties, plus you want to see no "dings" in the device managers audio listings.  I have experienced incompatibilities with this audio manager &win10 and I plain unstalled the app?  Try to remove the program in add remove programs, " or managing apps," then install a fresh version downloaded from the developer.  also make sure no other audio managment program or app is installed or running causing audio conflicts.... 

good luck friend  >>"<<

Archived