• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

How-to Find computer name windows 10

I have done a search in this category to attempt to find my answer but, it came up with nothing so, I have started a new topic.

I am new to this forum and hope to be here often not only for help but, maybe to offer help. My name is Donna aka gramme and I live in Barefoot Bay, Florida. I have been working with and on computers for over 35 years so I am not a newbie. I folllow instructions well.

My OS is Windows 10 HOME and I have been trying to locate my computer name but, no success can anyone help with this question.  I sure would appreciate your time.

Thanks

Donna aka gramme

The topic "Find computer name" I post just a little while ago and when I went to EDIT it this is the message I received:

This content can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited.

PS...wouldn't you know it! I have looked for several hours and right after posting this question I have FOUND my computer name, right where I have looked several times but didn't click on the tab in system properties. Thank you to anyone who have viewed this and hope they read this reply so I don't waste anyone's time.

4 hours ago, Gramme71 said:

PS...wouldn't you know it! I have looked for several hours and right after posting this question I have FOUND my computer name, right where I have looked several times but didn't click on the tab in system properties. Thank you to anyone who have viewed this and hope they read this reply so I don't waste anyone's time.

Hey there @Gramme71 - Looks like you answered your own question! That said, here's a few tips which I found quickly on gpost.

Here's a quick way to find your computer name (and rename it for that matter) - http://www.groovypost.com/howto/rename-windows-10-computer/

Another option is to get into a Command Line (Windows Key + R, Type CMD). From there type:

net user

This will also display your machine name.

Hope that helps!

• 10 months later...

Archived