• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Window 10 Pro is crashing too often

Hi ,

Last year I have installed windows 10 pro over my windows 8.1 professional.

I think that was my biggest mistake (I can say now). As after installing I found that my PC started crashing very frequently, I tried to check the Windows Event viewer, but didn’t found anything which can help me track the problem.

Then I thought, issue can be due to some hardware driver, so I found all new drivers which I can and installed, but nothing happened.

As was busy doing some other work, so the option to go back to previous installation also lost to me, so can’t go back to Windows 8.1 pro without reinstalling whole system.

The frequency of the crashes is very erratic, sometime it don’t crashes for days, but sometimes it crashes 4-5 times in a day.

Please help me to resolve the issue, or suggest how can I identify what is causing all the trouble.

Please find attached CPU-Z report for the system configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Ekam

• 1 month later...

Make sure you keep updating the Windows10 updates. Go to settings at bottom click updates&security then click check for updates. Keep checking even if you have auto update. also you may need to remove a web browser and reinstall it to get the newest one.

Lots of strange things are happening with the Win10, but each time it's updated some things work better.

Guest Edwin009

As Ralph mentioned, Windows updates is a good place to start with.

Next i would delete all the junk files(if you have a security software installed on your computer, it would do the tune up job for you). 

Next i would run a virus scan on the whole HDD and ensure that there are no infections.

If you have multiple security software installed, or if you have any expired security software on the computer, uninstall it.

Run a check disk to check for bad sectors on the HDD. (in search type cmd. From the results, right click on command prompt and click on run as administrator. In command prompt, type: chkdsk /r /f and hit enter. Type Y and hit enter and restart the computer)

Please try all these and let me know if it fixes the issue.

Regards,

Edwin.

Archived