• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

0Xc000021a has taken over my computer

Joe

I had a windows 10 update installed on my HP desktop computer. Then I downloaded a ASIO For All program. I did not like what was going on with this so i performed a windows restore.

After that I received a message saying that windows could not fully restore my computer to that restore point. That's when I became locked out of windows 10. I tried all of the suggested ways to get back in (safe mode, debugging,boot loggging, disable early-launch antimalware ect..ect..) but it will not let me past the blue screen. I just restart the computer and go over the whole thing again! But what's worse is, I try using the other options that I have, and windows 10 shows my screen name but will not accept my password to let me perform the option.

The computer did not come with a windows 10 disk, so I can not try starting up that way..

Let me know if someone else has a fix for me to try.

• 2 weeks later...

This error may occur by the Misconfigured software or driver or System registry is damaged.

You may try to fix 0xC000021A on your windows 10 by Clean Boot.

To perform a clean boot follow the steps below. A Clean Boot will allow you to troubleshoot the 0xC000021A error in-depth, if it works.

• Boot into your system
  • Go to Desktop and click Start
  • Press the windows logo key and R keys to open the Run utility
  • Type msconfig
  • Press Enter
  • Go to the General tab, at the System Configuration window
  • Click Selective startup
  • Uncheck Load startup items
  • Go to Services tab
  • Check Hide all Microsoft services
  • Click Disable all from the bottom right
  • Go to Startup tab
  • Disable all services listed there by doing: right-click on each and then click Disable
  • Restart the computer

Assuming your computer no longer shows the 0xC000021A error, an assistance recorded in Startup may be the issue. To pinpoint which administration precisely is causing this error, return to msconfig and empower each help, individually, restart the computer until the error shows up once more.

Steps To Follow:

• Download Easy Recovery Essentials. Make sure to note your Windows version (XP, Vista, 7 or 😎 before you download EasyRE. This guide can help you identify what version of Windows you have installed.
  • Burn the image. Follow these instructions on how to burn the bootable ISO image very carefully, as making a bootable CD can be tricky! Alternatively, these instructions explain how to create a bootable EasyRE recovery USB stick/drive.
  • Boot up your PC from the Easy Recovery Essentials CD or USB you created.
  • Once EasyRE is running, choose the “Automated Repair” option and click
  • After EasyRE scans your computer’s drives, identify and select the drive letter for your Windows installation from the list, and then click on the Automated Repair button to begin.
  • Easy Recovery Essentials will start analyzing the selected drive for problems. EasyRE will test for and attempt to automatically correct errors with the disk, partition, bootsector, filesystem, bootloader, and registry. No intervention is required, as EasyRE’s repair is fully automated:
  • Once the process is complete, EasyRE will report its findings. Click on the Restart button to reboot your PC and test the changes.
  • The “0xC000021A” error should now be fixed as your PC begins to load:

Regards,

Peter

• 1 year later...

0xC000021A is a common error with multiple names including stop code, death error, and others. You will get a blue death screen showing this error and a notification, "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" It means that the system has detected some problem with your device that needs to be fixed.

Hope this helps.