• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Windows slow boot + other problems. Nobody finds a solution. PLEASE.

Hello. It's been a while since I've been experiencing various problems.
I have a Lenovo Y50-70, a respectable laptop.
i7, 12GB, GTX 680M and 1TB HDD.
I state that I have dual boot in Clover with OSX.
It's been a while since I feel it very very slow. It takes about 2 and a half minutes to get started. When I start it, the icons update late (before the battery tray icon did not appear, I had to restart the explorer service, now maybe I solved it, but it still does with the audio icon, sometimes) the applications there it takes a lot to start, if I click for example on start, the animation of opening the menu starts like after 2 seconds. I noticed that the HDD is almost permanently at 100%, for practically every operation, even the most banal. I have done all the scans in the world.
In boot I have disabled practically everything, from task manager, from different apps and even from "autoruns for windows". I also tried to disable the fast boot, thinking it could be the problem. I have uninstalled all the optimization programs, and it seems to be a little better, but always bad. I have a 2007 Desktop that is more responsive at times. I tried everything, EVERYTHING really, starting from the steps for the clean boot, ending with the paging size. I did all the memory and HDD tests, restored the corrupt system files with shell commands. I followed all the steps of my competence, and followed all the possible web guides, but I can't solve. Nobody can understand the underlying problem. A way to restore / repair system files without having to format or reinstall Windows would be ideal.
The only solution that I have not tried is formatting, but it is not a considerable solution, because I have tested everything in relation to OSX. Years have passed since I did it, and OSX I use it for work, formatting Win would create problems for OSX, with risk of data loss or access, and I cannot allow it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

If you are experiencing slow boot times and other problems on your Windows computer, there are several steps you can take to address these issues:

Check for malware: Run a full system scan using your antivirus software to check for any malware or viruses that could be causing performance issues. If your antivirus program doesn't find anything, you can also consider using additional anti-malware tools for a more thorough scan.

Clean up disk space: Over time, your computer's hard drive can accumulate unnecessary files and data, which can slow down the boot process. Use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool or third-party disk cleaning utilities to remove temporary files, cache, and other unnecessary data.