• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Updating Windows 10 gone bad!!!

It ask me to update my windows 10.It said update and shut down. So I clicked on this button. As usual it read this will take some time. Well the time become 4+ hours. I went to sleep. The next morning

my computer screen showed error in updating. I shut the cpu off. Rebooted and got this message.

C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop

is unavailable. It isn't a desktop, It is a laptop.

I purchased a new Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. It didn't even recognize the CD software. So then I thought maybe the hard drive was bad now also. I purchased a new hard drive and installed it. Then I put the

new Windows 10 Pro CD in. Still no loading. I tried to right click on the Windows icon in the left hand corner and nothing happen. So I removed the new Hard drive and reinstall the old one. Now when I

leave the windows 10 pro cd  in and boot up. My sign in screen will show up and I can sign in. The home page screen is bare minium with waste can, windows logo, people, sound and hidden icons.

But nothing works when I click on any on these. I can't go any further than this screen. Help !!!