• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

MSIServer Question

softeyes

This is a copy of a post I created in the GroovyPost Forum:

Hi, After the recent Windows 10 update, I noticed that my laptop was running a bit slower than normal. I receive your GPost daily updates and noticed the following article:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fix-slow-after-installing-windows-10-feature-update/

I followed the recommended steps to modify startup, when I did a restart, the laptop has really slowed down which leaves me to wonder if something needed to stay enabled? In the process of reviewing what services were running or stopped, I discovered one service with which I'm not sure if it should be running or stopped? Here is a snapshot of the MSIServer service in question: 

groovypost.jpg

Thank you for your direction as to whether this service should run or if it's okay to be stopped.

Archived