• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Windows could not complete the installation

Liazard

Went to my Windows 10 laptop this morning, squiggled the mouse, and the screen stayed black. Kept trying multiple times, then turned it off and restarted.  It must have been in the middle of an update because it came back with the dotted circle going around and the error message "Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation." When I hit Enter it comes back up with the same message.

I'm not a tech geek so I'm hoping there's a simple fix. I Googled it and got a lot of stuff about ISO files, all of which seems to start in the middle. Frankly it's been so long since I had a severe problem like this that I don't even remember how get to the startup menu or if that's even part of the procedure anymore.

Archived