• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

windows 10 account issues

StarTrekCafe

Hi, running windows 10 64 bit and got the anniversary update and updated last Friday, now, got a notification saying my Microsoft account needs to be fixed, and so went to settings, and now getting this message, and get an error message when try to reset pin, have got a local account, no password, just auto login, so want to change to the Microsoft account, can do that via the web, but not within windows 10. Asked disability answerdesk and they could not remote in, because my internet connection is so slow, that’s another story, and so, will paste the message below. Did a sfc scan now, and reported nothing, did a restore health and said everything was fine. So then when I click on forgotten pin, it takes forever, then get something went wrong and a close button. Short of having to reinstall windows, which I don’t want to, as a blind person, so, any ideas, did contact Microsoft support, they put me to the windows 10 forum, for Microsoft, which I posted, and still waiting for an answer. Any one had this issue before, got a Toshiba satellite pro c-50-a pcag: k : 00 : 004 machine, and got the latest windows 10 updates.

So any ideas.

Marvin from Adelaide, Australia.

Ps: use jaws for windows and nvda. Marvin.

Making sure it’s you For security, an application needs to verify your identity. The dictionary attack mitigation is triggered and the provided authorization was ignored by the provider.
I forgot my PIN Link

Archived