• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Success with download & config of new Windows 10 Technical Preview

After worrying about what I was doing wrong here. Let me recap I used to run Windows 8.1 update 1. I had downloaded the new Windows 10 Technical Preview but it would not open to install and it was driving me nuts (this was last night) so I went to bed and pondered on what I had done wrong then in the middle of the night I had a light bulb moment. I was too busy this morning so this afternoon I set to to install the new windows and I was determined to do so before I go to bed again tonight.

What I did was delete the download from my downloads file and opened the settings of my security software and created an exception allowing the download and installation of Windows 10 Technical Preview. After that there was no problem downloading and installing the new windows 10.

Now to explore anything new on my laptop. Thank you Windows.

Archived