• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

iPhone 14 Pro not showing up in Windows 10 when connected by USB cable.

Okay I had a problem with my mouse not working after 'Fresh Start' but that has now resolved itself and is working normally.

My problem now is that my iPhone is not showing up in Windows 10.

Before I did this Fresh Start thing which to be honest I wish I had never done as it's caused me more problems than it solved, when I connected my iPhone 14 Pro to the laptop the Photos app would open and I could select whatever photos I wanted and download them to a folder on my desktop. Now when I connect my phone it connects okay, it makes the wee noise it always made, and it starts to charge, but it doesn't open photos and it doesn't appear as a drive on my computer. The only drives that show are my C and D drives.

If I open the photos app and click on Import it says connected devices will show here but nothing appears.

The phone is obviously connected, it's charging, I've tried various cables and ports but it makes no difference.

I went into settings on my phone, General, Transfer or reset iPhone, Reset, Reset location & Privacy, entered my passcode, Reset Settings, plugged my phone back in, clicked on Trust this computer and re-entered my passcode, and it still doesn't appear!

Anyone got any ideas what is wrong here please?