• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Win10 Compatibility Re-check

Guest bper

Hello,

I'm running Win7 SP1. I'd like to give Win10 a go. When the winupdate system check analyzed the PC, it found my video card was incompatible. So I bought a compatible card. But the checker still sees the old card even though the device manager sees my new card and there appears to be no traces of the old one.

Is there a way to refresh the checker so that it has no history of the previous check so that it can recheck my system? BTW, I ran the Win8.1 upgrade assistant after I couldn't re-run the win10 just to ensure that the system was OK and it is.

Any help would be appreciated.

OK, so I read on MS site that the checker runs automatically once a month. So, I changed the system clock a month ahead then ran the checker again hoping that something would change. It still came back with finding the old card. So, I changed the month back to the current month. After a while, to my surprise, the checker ran automatically and said that I was good to go.

I don't know if this is a workaround or if the checker just decided to act right, but the problem is resolved. Win10 is downloading.

Hope this helps someone somehow.

Thanks

Guest jpreston43

My roommate upgraded his HP touchscreen to 10 because he hated 8.0 so much. But he still can't get Pinnacle to work on it, his favorite video editing program. He has to use my machine (a 7.0 puppy) to mess with video using the pro's program Pinnacle... I would consider trying 10 again if they upgraded to full glass aero, provided an easy way to do away with any necessity to log-in, and made it possible to use important programs like Pinnacle.

Archived