• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Screen Background keep changing to Black when starting computer

I am using a windows 10 machine with the current updates, 16 GB Memory, 64-bit. and a NVDIA geForce GTX 1070 video card. I am using 2 idnetical 27" LG Flatscreen Monitors. Drivers for all devices have been updated.

I use a neutral Grey background as I use Photoshop all the time. When starting the computer, probably 50% of the time I start or Restart the machine the background color reverts to black. This has happened for several years including when using a previous workstation. the screen does not turn to greyscale or solid black with no icons showing.

I know I can go into Settings > Personalization > background and change my color back to the grey I use which I do but it is a pain in the ass to go through and constantly do this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

2020-04-13_101246.jpg