• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

HLATO

Cannot install or upgrade to Windows Version 1809

Hi there I need help with upgrading my Dell Inspiron 1564 Laptop to windows version 1809.I have tried resetting my laptop and finally trying a complete clean install and I keep getting error code:0x80070057 and error code 0x8007025D.I have tried using a Media Creation Tool and when I get towards the end of the install between 41%80%I get this notice:Windows cannot install required files."Make sure all files required for install are available and restart the installation"followed by the above error code which usually is the 0x80070057.I have opened a Microsoft help desk ticket and talked to 3 different techs and no one has been able to install 1809.This is my 4th day of trying to get this update to work to no avail. I also purchased a Crucial BX500 120 gb SSD and I was able to clone my drive from the older drive I had in my laptop and all went well until I tried updating my Windows 10 home 64 bit o.s. Currently I have version 1803  (OS Build 17134.407)installed in my laptop.I would really appreciate your time with this problem I currently have.

Thanks alot

tech5960