• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

SWF Files Cannot Be Played From Within Program

Sawuwaya

Greetings and Happy Holidays!

Cannot believe this year is almost over...

I have an issue and I was trying to figure out was this should be in the "Gaming" area or the "Software and Apps" area or the "Windows 10 General Support" area...decisions, decisions. So I posted it here because even though the software is a game that I am talking about, I am talking about the mechanics and the characteristics of the program, rather than the game portion of the software (does this make sense)... anywho! 😳

I recently was playing Jewel Quest Mysteries 3: The Seventh Gate for the first time under Windows 10 Pro Edition and as the game started to start the story it opened up with a flash file, more precisely an SWF file. I have the latest drivers and software installed as I am using a 2-in-1 ASUS Zen Notebook Q504UAK model, with 12GB of main memory. I tried the compatibility settings and to no avail no matter what I set them to it still does not, on queue, play the SWF files for the storyline of the game. What it does is start to play the SWF file and the mouse cursor defaults to the system cursor leaving the custom cursor's "skin" frozen on the screen with the audio playing from the SWF file but no video. However, when I force my way out of the game by pressing ALT-F4 I can see a glimpse of the SWF file trying to play the video before exiting to the Windows desktop. It is almost like it is playing the SWF file "properly", in a sense, that someone forgot to take the lens cap off the camera before taking the picture, or better yet someone being blindfolded and still being able to hear what is going on around them clearly. 

I have gone to Adobe and downloaded the current version of Adobe Flash 32.0.0.101.

So my questions are:

What do I have to do to get Windows 10 to play SWF files from within the software program properly without a warrant?

Is there specific Compatability parameters that I have to choose and implement before restarting the game/program?

I am able to run the SWF files under Winamp v5.6.6.6, VLC and Media Player, separately, but NOT from within the game.

What am I doing wrong I am running Windows 10 Pro version: 10.1811.3241.0...

Thanks.

Cheers!

Spirit Wolfe/Sawuwaya

• 4 years later...