• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Big Questions for Windows 10 upgrade

I hope many of you out there could help answer these questions, and I believe many of us are concerned about what will happen to some of our apps, and desktop programs when we upgrade. Currently i'm running Windows 8.1pro on my Desktop, and 8.1 Home on my laptop.

1. What will happen to my paid apps like Tweetium & Tubecast? Would I have to re-buy them? Or will I be able to download the premium versions?

2. Will I get Skype desktop in Windows 10? As I hardly ever use the Skype app except the one on Android.

3. Will I have to re-install Office 365? Or will it stay installed on Windows 10?

4. Will Xbox Video & Music be in Windows 10 or will they change? I love them both in W8.1

5. What about my paid desktop programs? Will I have to re-install them as well? Or will those Desktop programs Stay on my hard drive?

6. Will Windows 10 come with Windows Defender? Or will it change or do I have to buy another security software?

7. Microsoft said Windows 10 will not come with WMC, so What is their plans for it's replacement?

• 1 year later...

Why dont you Go for the cloud office 365 subscription. It will be more helpful for you.

No need to keep a copy of the Application it always there on web login. and can be installed on multiple system. that will include your skype and skype for business.(http://www.o365cloudexperts.com/compare-office-365-plans/)

When you upgrade every programme that is compatible with windows 10 will be there as it is.

The one which are not compatible who have to speak to app manufacturer.

for better clarity you can also call on 1800-936-5700

~Edward

Archived