• Windows 10 Forums

Welcome to the Windows 10 forums, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers.

As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Add Legacy Hardware

gabalot

Question

Hi.  I posted the below about a week ago.  I may have not posted to the correct forum, which could explain why I  got no response.  .  I'm am not familiar with much of what I read and am not confident about attempting this without any help. I would really appreciate any assistance

Hi.   I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110 laptop.  I purchased a new cellular phone and wanted to transfer the music from the SD card to the laptop but every time I connected it to the laptop I got the message that the USB device wasn't recognized. I went to the phone manufacturer site, found the appropriate model and attempted to download the ABD driver manually (not flashing) and this is where I learned I didn't have Add Legacy Hardware option in device manager.. I read further  and found I needed to add an AMD Display Legacy driver (?).  i accessed two distinct sets of instructions, only one   of which I sort of understood and that was to update the display adapter, which I did. From that point on, it was all Greek to me.

It must be pretty evident I know very little in terms of terminology.  I am able to follow directions fairly well provided they're given as if they were being given to a first grader.  I would appreciate anyone's assistance who can instruct me on how to accomplish my goal with very simplistic instructions.

Lastly, when the laptop recognizes the cellular device, is there any way to transfer what's on the SD card via Bluetooth, and if so, how is that accomplished?

Thanks for your help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived