• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

joyce

I LOATHE gray text in Windows 10

I have never joined a forum just to complain.  ClearType, contrast themes, larger font is not what I want.  I want to decide for myself the color of text.  I want black.  Don't take away my choices, Microsoft.  Don't tell me black is hard on my eyes.  GRAY is driving me nuts.  Everywhere the techs seem unwilling to say the truth: you must put up with gray.  I want black.  Then I want to enlarge it.  

Hi @joyce Welcome to the forum. You may get more replies from other forum members latter. I sure you are aware of holding down CTRL and tapping + to enlarge and CTRL and tapping - to decrease the size of the text. Not sure about how to change it to black. I'll do some searching and get back if someone here doesn't answer.

PS It's alright to complain on this forum.xD

Hi! I was able to make my text a little darker with Clear Type, but I wouldn't say it's black black. You already mentioned that you weren't interested in Clear Type;  and after reading your post again, I see aren't interested contrast themes?? I don't know!

4 hours ago, joyce said:

I want to decide for myself the color of text.  I want black.

Hiya Joyce, what exactly do you want to change the colors on? I've got some time this afternoon, I should be able to upload a few screenshots to add to @holdum333's posts.

• Upvote 1

I will have a play in the Registry, and see if I can change the font to black.

Any luck, I will post back.

I tried Firefox,too.   This should be simple,  downloading workarounds or re-coding cascading sheets or readability apps are a lot of trouble.  When the sun is in my eyes, I use a visor, I don't drive the opposite direction!

Hi! @joyce I agree it should be simple, but I haven't found it yet. I never really thought about it before. Maybe another member will have some suggestions latter. I change the font when using notepad and that's easy, I can change it here. I can change colors, but the black doesn't seem to change that much!xD I can change to Trebuch and make it blacker here on the forum. I'll keep searching. Welcome to the forum!

I can't find an option either. Guess it's not possible.

I found Gray text in the registry and couldn't change to Black.

Edited by Profiler

Cool @Profiler Great tip my friend. I'm going to give you a reputation point for that one!;). I might give it a look to see what difference that makes. However my text doesn't look that bad to me! 

Edited by holdum333

Hi There! I had cataract surgery. Had one done for close, the other for far off. I don't wear glasses. I have 20-20.

It's great. I highly recommend it!;) Just a little humor tonight, but it's the truth.

You can't compare what those with good eyesight see, compared to those with very bad eyesight see like myself.

That's like comparing apples to oranges.