• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
Steve K.

Cannot Copy and Paste URL from Address Bar in Microsoft Edge

I'm having a very odd issue..... When using Edge, I'm not able to COPY the URL and PASTE it into another app. It's like the clipboard is disabled for the address bar. And yes, I tried Right Click Copy and Paste as well as CTRL+C and CTRL+V @Brian.....

Can someone else test this? Does it work for you?

edge-url.png.5f5c06833396f04a743b92f5215

Yeah, I get the context menu when I initially COPY it however, if I open a new TAB and Right-Click again, I only get the UNDO command in the context menu. 

Did you try to paste into an app OTHER than MS Edge?

On March 23, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Brian said:

Yeah, everything works on all my test systems...v 1151 and Redstone.

You might want to try to uninstall edge and reinstall...I THINK you can do that with CCleaner only.

OK - i'll get the update and play with it. I'll have to test on a few test systems also.

CCLeaner ehh...?  That sounds Article worthy ;)

- How to uninstall and reinstall Edge.