• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
Pranit6

Win10 just deleted everything on my desktop after I tried to turn off OneDrive mid-sync

Hello everyone,,,

I work with a ton of large data files, and was just transferring a ton of them to a new laptop. "Weird" i think, noticing my internet was suddenly super slow. Then i notice the OneDrive icon with the little sync arrows running in the toolbar, and think "oh" -- yep, sure enough OneDrive was trying to upload several tb of data.

So, I go to cancel the sync, only to realize that the most i'm allowed to do is pause the sync for 24 hours. .

Then I try to just turn off syncing for the Desktop, because who the fuck wants OneDrive to try to sync every time you move shit around your desktop? And it's like buried in the settings where to do this. So i turn it off and then go back to my desktop, and all the data i had just transferred there is gone.  Microsoft? All that's left is a half-uploaded folder in OneDrive.

So now I have to transfer everything over again, and I'm left wondering if I've actually got all of this OneDrive retardation turned off or if i'll be stuck transferring data yet again. It's absolutely  mind-boggling that someone thought "here's an idea, if someone tries to turn off OneDrive mid-sync, lets delete all the data on his PC and let him rely on whatever-they made it to OneDrive beforehand!"

On 12/5/2018 at 9:55 PM, Pranit6 said:

Hello everyone,,,

I work with a ton of large data files, and was just transferring a ton of them to a new laptop. "Weird" i think, noticing my internet was suddenly super slow. Then i notice the OneDrive icon with the little sync arrows running in the toolbar, and think "oh" -- yep, sure enough OneDrive was trying to upload several tb of data.

So, I go to cancel the sync, only to realize that the most i'm allowed to do is pause the sync for 24 hours. .

Then I try to just turn off syncing for the Desktop, because who the fuck wants OneDrive to try to sync every time you move shit around your desktop? And it's like buried in the settings where to do this. So TutuApp Lucky Patcher  Kodi i turn it off and then go back to my desktop, and all the data i had just transferred there is gone.  Microsoft? All that's left is a half-uploaded folder in OneDrive.

So now I have to transfer everything over again, and I'm left wondering if I've actually got all of this OneDrive retardation turned off or if i'll be stuck transferring data yet again. It's absolutely  mind-boggling that someone thought "here's an idea, if someone tries to turn off OneDrive mid-sync, lets delete all the data on his PC and let him rely on whatever-they made it to OneDrive beforehand!"

My issue has been solved,....