• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
Pranit6

Any suggestions for sharing files over a home network for Windows 10 Home?

Hello everyone,,

I have two Windows 10 Home PC's plugged into the same router. I've been sharing files and printers in my home office for years, but all of a sudden, neither computer can see the other on the network, or even itself. Both have sharing enabled and are able to access the internet through the router.

Besides the two PC's with Windows 10 Home, I also have a laptop with Windows 10 Professional. My laptop can see and access files and printers on all 3 computers listed on the network.

With the removal of Homegroup capabilities from Windows 10, is there a recommended way to set up file and printer sharing?

if it matters, the router is a Linksys Archer C7. I have tried disabling the firewalls temporarily.

On 12/5/2018 at 9:50 PM, Pranit6 said:

Hello everyone,,

I have two Windows 10 Home PC's plugged into the same router. I've been sharing files and printers in my home office for years, but all of a sudden, neither computer can see the other on the network, or even itself. Both have sharing enabled and are able to access the internet through the router.

Besides the two PC's with Windows 10 ShowBox Mobdro  VidMate Home, I also have a laptop with Windows 10 Professional. My laptop can see and access files and printers on all 3 computers listed on the network.

With the removal of Homegroup capabilities from Windows 10, is there a recommended way to set up file and printer sharing?

if it matters, the router is a Linksys Archer C7. I have tried disabling the firewalls temporarily.

My issue has been solved,....