• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
jaisonwhitekar

The Mail app that comes with Windows 10 is really good!

I used it when it was first released with Windows 10 and while it was okayish, many times it didn't sync my mail or I would get no notifications. It was overall very buggy.

As a freelancer, I had the Office 365 Business Essentials but decided to upgrade in order to have access to the apps and also get Outlook. Outlook works but it looks like it's trapped in the past and it is packed with what feels an infinite number of options. They might be perfect for many but I just wanted a simple, clean mail client. I just need to get the e-mails, read them and reply. Most of the work gets discussed in Microsoft Teams so for me e-mail is not so crucial as it was in the past.

I decided to try again the Mail app and holy smokes it's great. It's blazing fast, the interface is really clean, the calendar is integrated when you click the time/date in the taskbar. The calendar has also a clean interface and it's just as fast. When an email arrives, Mail is the first app to notify me about it.

Next year, I will ditch the Office 365 upgrade and go back to Business Essentials.

Good job on the app Microsoft, keep it up!

3 hours ago, jaisonwhitekar said:

I used it when it was first released with Windows 10 and while it was okayish, many times it didn't sync my mail or I would get no notifications. It was overall very buggy.

As a freelancer, I had the Office 365 Business Essentials but decided to upgrade in order to have access to the apps and also get Outlook. Outlook works but it looks like it's trapped in the past and it is packed with what feels an infinite number of options. They might be perfect for many but I just wanted a simple, clean mail client. I just need to get the e-mails, read them and reply. Most of the work gets discussed in Microsoft Teams so for me e-mail is not so crucial as it was in the past.

I decided to try again the Mail app and holy smokes it's great. It's blazing fast, the interface is really clean, the calendar is integrated when you click the time/date in the taskbar. The calendar has also a clean interface and it's just as fast. When an email arrives, Mail is the first app to notify me about it.

Next year, I will ditch the Office 365 upgrade and go back to Business Essentials.Hola VPN Private Internet Access NordVPN

Good job on the app Microsoft, keep it up!

my issue has been solved!