• Welcome to Windows10Forum.com, a free community where people just like you come together to discuss, share and learn how to use their computers. Using this forum is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view all the content on the site, however, you won't be able to leave comments or create new topics unless you create a free account. 

Click here to Register a free account now and JOIN the discussion!

Sign in to follow this  
Pranit6

Local Network Sharing Difficulties

Hello helpful people of windows 10,
I've spent the last 10 hours troubleshooting and swearing, and I'm now fully out of ideas. Any help or insight would be massively appreciated! I should also mention that I've spent hours on Reddit and Google looking for similar problems/solutions, nothing has worked thus far.

What I want to do is share a drive on my local network (up until a few months ago this worked perfectly, but no longer). I'll try provide as much detail as possible, starting with the computers involved. As a side note, all my PCs are fully up to date, have the correct and latest drivers, run the default windows firewall/anti-virus and are free of junk apps, malware, candy crush soda saga etc.

PLEX
This PC is an old laptop of mine that I now use as a Plex server, hence I want to receive files onto this PC. The drive I want to share is physically located in this machine and is a non-OS, data drive. This PC runs the latest version of Windows 10 Pro (not insider), and is connected to my router via Ethernet (static IP). It is on the same workgroup as all my PCs, file and printer sharing is enabled ("everyone" has full permissions), SMB is also enabled. This PC has no VPN or TAP adapters installed.

DESKTOP
This is my main PC that I want to send files from. This PC also runs the latest version of Windows 10 Pro (not insider), it is connected to my router via WiFi (Dynamic IP). It is on the same workgroup as all my PCs, file and printer sharing is enabled, as is SMB. I'm 99% sure that the problem isn't with this PC as I can access shared folders on this PC from both PLEX and my other laptop. This PC has NORDVPN and a TAP adapter installed.

When on DESKTOP I can see PLEX under networks in windows explorer, but when I try to access it I get the following error message "Windows cannot access \\PLEX - Error code: 0x80070035, The network path was not found. If I try to diagnose the problem it says that "your computer appears to be configured correctly configured, but the device or resource (PLEX) is not responding....

Plzzz help,,..

On 11/30/2018 at 4:39 PM, Pranit6 said:

Hello helpful people of windows 10,
I've spent the last 10 hours troubleshooting and swearing, and I'm now fully out of ideas. Any help or insight would be massively appreciated! I should also mention that I've spent hours on Reddit and Google looking for similar problems/solutions, nothing has worked thus far.

What I want to do is share a drive on my local network (up until a few months ago this worked perfectly, but no longer). I'll try provide as much detail as possible, starting with the computers involved. As a side note, ShowBox Mobdro  VidMate all my PCs are fully up to date, have the correct and latest drivers, run the default windows firewall/anti-virus and are free of junk apps, malware, candy crush soda saga etc.

PLEX
This PC is an old laptop of mine that I now use as a Plex server, hence I want to receive files onto this PC. The drive I want to share is physically located in this machine and is a non-OS, data drive. This PC runs the latest version of Windows 10 Pro (not insider), and is connected to my router via Ethernet (static IP). It is on the same workgroup as all my PCs, file and printer sharing is enabled ("everyone" has full permissions), SMB is also enabled. This PC has no VPN or TAP adapters installed.

DESKTOP
This is my main PC that I want to send files from. This PC also runs the latest version of Windows 10 Pro (not insider), it is connected to my router via WiFi (Dynamic IP). It is on the same workgroup as all my PCs, file and printer sharing is enabled, as is SMB. I'm 99% sure that the problem isn't with this PC as I can access shared folders on this PC from both PLEX and my other laptop. This PC has NORDVPN and a TAP adapter installed.

When on DESKTOP I can see PLEX under networks in windows explorer, but when I try to access it I get the following error message "Windows cannot access \\PLEX - Error code: 0x80070035, The network path was not found. If I try to diagnose the problem it says that "your computer appears to be configured correctly configured, but the device or resource (PLEX) is not responding....

Plzzz help,,..

My issue has been solved,...